How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your TV, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to understand. Software applications are currently available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.